Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Favorite Painting

My favorite painting is by George Seuruat and it is called Sunday in the Park. This is a painting that uses the style Pointillism. Pointillism is where you make pictures usuing little dots that blend together if you look at it from a distance. The painting is located in the Chicago Art Institute and I have seen it twice. I think the reason I like it so much is becasue it would be so difficult to created pictures only by little dots of different colors that blend together. The fact that he did it so good is really impressive to me. Another thing that people don't realize is how big it is. When I saw it I was shocked by how big the thing is. It took up almost an entire wall! It was about the same size as our marker board but a bit larger. If you are ever in Chicago I would definetly go see this museum. You can see this as well as other really famous paintings. For example that one where there is a farmer and his wife with a pichfork. It's called the American Gothic by Grant Wood.








9 comments:

  1. The gothic one is wierd i wana draw like horns on the lady and a cigarette in the guys hand (I ♥ My Spelling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think i have seen that picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it but what is it about ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have seen it before do u own a copy of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the one lady with in the dress has a big but

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that thing is made up ONLY of dots!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that painting use to be in the art room I don't no if it's still there?

    ReplyDelete